CSP Focus China Tour 2017
Registration / Get brochureTIME：2017.11.05-14
China CSP Projects -- Now and Future
It is well known that China government had approved 20 demonstration CSP projects with FiT at RMB 1.15/kWh, and the total capacity 1.349 GW, which made China another engine for global CSP development. As was required in the 13th Five Year Planning of RE Development, another 3.65GW CSP capacity needs to be deployed within 2020, when the world CSP capacity will be doubled. And it is really an exciting and challenging task for the local industry peers. According to some insiders close to National Energy Administration, the governing body for energy project deployment, more CSP capacity will be planned in the following decade (2020-2030).
● Status quo of the 1st round of 20 pilot CSP Projects
The success of the first round of 20 demonstration CSP projects is critical for the deployment of the following 3.65GW. Below is the list of those who had started construction and made some progress in the past year.
● China Local CSP Value Chain
The local value chain for China CSP industry has been getting mature through the fast development of the past decade. The local companies are able to produce almost all the key equipment and materials including receivers, molten salt, heliostats, concentrators, mechanical & hydraulic drives, control equipment for DCS, and glass reflecting mirrors. The total investment of those companies reached RMB 4.18 billion (USD 698 million).
● Where is the potential cooperation opportunities between China local and international CSP companies?
CSP is relatively new in China, and the local developers and EPC contractors did not have any experience and reference in CSP, especially in the development and construction of commercial CSP plant. So there is a huge demand of cooperation with overseas CSP companies, in some field such as project development, engineering and design,EPCM, O&M, etc.
Biggest opportunities for overseas companies in China CSP market
What to expect in these TEN days' tour to SIX cities?
● Get insight of CSP roadmap and future project allocation before 2030
● Network with developers and EPC contractors of the on-going CSP projects
● Witness the status quo of the manufacturing capacity of local CSP industry
● Explore the mutual cooperation between China and overseas CSP players
Companies and CSP projects to be visited
● China National Solar Thermal Alliance, discussion on policy trend, local industry chain development, R&D cooperation potential, etc.
● Shouhang IHW Energy Saving, the project developer of 10MW+100MW CSP Tower project in Dunhuang, the EPC contractor of CGNSED 50MW PT project in Delingha.
● Shouhang IHW 10+100MW molten salt tower CSP plant in Dunhuang, West China. The 1st phase of 10MW plant is Asian 1st molten salt tower CSP plant which could operate 24 hours per day.
● Rayspower, the developer of Rayspower Yumen CSP project, 50MW Parabolic Trough plant with storage.
● North China Power Engineering, the leading power engineering company in China, participating several CSP projects in China.
● NWEPDI Northwest Electric Power Design Institute, another leading power engineering company in China, participating several CSP projects in China, EPC contractor of Hami 50MW molten salt tower CSP project.
● Zhejiang Supcon Solar, the developer of 50MW Supcon Delingha molten salt tower CSP plant, and completed China 1st commercial CSP project.
● Shanghai Electric Central Academy, one of the leading CSP R&D institute in China, focusing on the R&D on molten salt tower receiver and heliostats design.
● Jiangsu Xinchen, the developer of 50MW beam down tower CSP project in Yumen.
● Royal Tech CSP, the developer of two CSP plants, 50MW and 100MW each; and the receiver tube manufacturer in China.
● United Energy Storage Technology Ltd., TES system integrator in China.
Upcoming EventsSee more+
12th CSP Focus China 2022
11th CSP Focus China 2021
10th CSP Focus China 2020
2020.10.22-23 Beijing, China
Reports(Member Only)See more+
CSP Focus Membership Proposals
We are now proposing CSP Focus Membership, hoping to better serve our members to keep pace with the latest updates of ongoing CSP projects worldwide, and to establish and maintain business relations with major shareholders of the projects. CSP Focus offers to Membership exclusive access to:1. Daily/Weekly update and analysis on CSP policies, projects, technologies, market trend and corporate relea
The Latest CSP Focus Monthly Update
Join CSP Focus Membership to Get the Latest CSP Focus Monthly Update December Edition.
CSP Project Monthly Update 2022 December Edition
CSP Focus is presenting CSP Project (China) Update 2022 December Edition.Detail report is available for CSP Focus Membership.
Presentations-CSP Focus China 2021
The Report is for CSP Focus Members only.
Latest NewsSee more+
CSP Project Tenders Last Week (Apr.15-21)
Procurement and Construction Bidding- Xinhua Hydropower Bozhou 100MW CSP ProjectOn April 17, Xinhua Botai (Bole) Power Investment Co., Ltd. issued a bidding announcement for Xinhua Hydropower Bozhou 100MW CSP+900MW PV Project bid section VII: 100 MW CSP project PC general contracting. Bidding document acquisition time: from April 17, 2023 to April 24, 2023 at 16:00.One step closer towards Australi
One step closer towards Australia’s first commercial scale concentrated solar power plant
On behalf of the Australian Government, the Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) has announced it has approved $65 million in funding to Vast Solar to construct VS1, a first-of-a-kind 30 MW / 288 MWh concentrated solar power (CSP) plant in Port Augusta, South Australia.ARENA’s funding for VS1 is conditional upon the project reaching financial close, which is targeted to occur in late 2023.
CSP Project Tenders Last Week (Apr.8-14)
EPC Tender- SPIC Shanshan 100MW CSP ProjectOn April 8, SPIC Henan Company issued a public bidding announcement for the EPC general contract of SPIC Shanshan 100MW CSP Project. Application deadline: April 14, 2023, 23:59.Olympic Brewery: Paving the way for beer production by harnessing solar energy, in partnership with AbsoliconAthens, March 4, 2023 - In the framework of its ESG strategy with the k
Oman weighs Concentrated Solar Power project at Duqm
A first-of-its-kind Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) project is envisioned for development near Duqm in Al Wusta Governorate as part of Oman’s pivot away from gas-powered electricity generation to renewables-based sources.The initiative, subject to the findings of a feasibility study, will add to a mixed portfolio of renewable resources and technologies being explored by the Oman Power and Water Pr
Project UpdatesSee more+
Lanzhou Dacheng Dunhuang CSP Project
Asia Pacific-China，Operational，Parabolic Trough
Luneng Haixi 50MW Molten Salt Tower CSP Project
Asia Pacific-China，Operational，Power Tower
Dubai 950MW NOOR Energy 1 CSP+PV Project
MENA-UAE，Under construction，Power Tower
Power China Gonghe 50MW Molten Salt Tower CSP Project
Asia Pacific-China，Operational，Power Tower