CSP Focus China Tour 2017
Registration / Get brochureTIME：2017.11.05-14
China CSP Projects -- Now and Future
It is well known that China government had approved 20 demonstration CSP projects with FiT at RMB 1.15/kWh, and the total capacity 1.349 GW, which made China another engine for global CSP development. As was required in the 13th Five Year Planning of RE Development, another 3.65GW CSP capacity needs to be deployed within 2020, when the world CSP capacity will be doubled. And it is really an exciting and challenging task for the local industry peers. According to some insiders close to National Energy Administration, the governing body for energy project deployment, more CSP capacity will be planned in the following decade (2020-2030).
● Status quo of the 1st round of 20 pilot CSP Projects
The success of the first round of 20 demonstration CSP projects is critical for the deployment of the following 3.65GW. Below is the list of those who had started construction and made some progress in the past year.
● China Local CSP Value Chain
The local value chain for China CSP industry has been getting mature through the fast development of the past decade. The local companies are able to produce almost all the key equipment and materials including receivers, molten salt, heliostats, concentrators, mechanical & hydraulic drives, control equipment for DCS, and glass reflecting mirrors. The total investment of those companies reached RMB 4.18 billion (USD 698 million).
● Where is the potential cooperation opportunities between China local and international CSP companies?
CSP is relatively new in China, and the local developers and EPC contractors did not have any experience and reference in CSP, especially in the development and construction of commercial CSP plant. So there is a huge demand of cooperation with overseas CSP companies, in some field such as project development, engineering and design,EPCM, O&M, etc.
Biggest opportunities for overseas companies in China CSP market
What to expect in these TEN days' tour to SIX cities?
● Get insight of CSP roadmap and future project allocation before 2030
● Network with developers and EPC contractors of the on-going CSP projects
● Witness the status quo of the manufacturing capacity of local CSP industry
● Explore the mutual cooperation between China and overseas CSP players
Companies and CSP projects to be visited
● China National Solar Thermal Alliance, discussion on policy trend, local industry chain development, R&D cooperation potential, etc.
● Shouhang IHW Energy Saving, the project developer of 10MW+100MW CSP Tower project in Dunhuang, the EPC contractor of CGNSED 50MW PT project in Delingha.
● Shouhang IHW 10+100MW molten salt tower CSP plant in Dunhuang, West China. The 1st phase of 10MW plant is Asian 1st molten salt tower CSP plant which could operate 24 hours per day.
● Rayspower, the developer of Rayspower Yumen CSP project, 50MW Parabolic Trough plant with storage.
● North China Power Engineering, the leading power engineering company in China, participating several CSP projects in China.
● NWEPDI Northwest Electric Power Design Institute, another leading power engineering company in China, participating several CSP projects in China, EPC contractor of Hami 50MW molten salt tower CSP project.
● Zhejiang Supcon Solar, the developer of 50MW Supcon Delingha molten salt tower CSP plant, and completed China 1st commercial CSP project.
● Shanghai Electric Central Academy, one of the leading CSP R&D institute in China, focusing on the R&D on molten salt tower receiver and heliostats design.
● Jiangsu Xinchen, the developer of 50MW beam down tower CSP project in Yumen.
● Royal Tech CSP, the developer of two CSP plants, 50MW and 100MW each; and the receiver tube manufacturer in China.
● United Energy Storage Technology Ltd., TES system integrator in China.
Upcoming EventsSee more+
Free ReportsSee more+
Renewable Energy Program, Saudi ArabiaSaudization Strategy in the Renewable Program (Sakak RFP)Saudization Strategy – Development phaseSaudization Strategy – Operation phaseLocalization – ACWA Power overseas experienceKey localized activities and way forward - Morocco
ISCC: an overviewCurrent ISCC projectsSaudi Arabian ISCCPotential future sites
Solar EOR BackgroundProject OverviewProject Fact SheetHistory & Future Key Players
Kuwait Environment Innovative Renewable Energy Research program (IRE) Shagaya RE ParkThree phases of the Shagaya RE Master PlanPhase One-- Shagaya RE ProjectThe 50MW CSP Parabolic Trough Plant
Latest NewsSee more+
South Korean energy firm Andes Green Energy plans to build a 1,000-MW solar park in Chile that would use both conventional photovoltaic (PV) panels and solar thermal power technology, an official told Bloomberg.The so-called Bundang-Gu Calama project will be realised in the Antofagasta region for a total cost of USD 4.5 billion (EUR 3.8bn), Cristian Lincoqueo, head of sustainability at Andes Green
China, the new engine for global CSP industry players, is making no efforts to promote CSP industrial progress. Since the announcement of 1st batch of 20 pilot CSP projects (1.349G) and the FiT of RMB 1.15/kWh last September, the project developers and value chain vendors have been devoting to the execution of CSP plants. What are the actual progress of the pilot projects? There must be some probl
Listed on China 1st batch of 20 pilot CSP projects, CPECC Hami 50MW molten salt tower CSP plant has been started construction earlier this September, and expected to be completed by the first half of 2019. The project is developed by state-owned company China Power Engineering Consulting Group Corporation (CPECC) and the EPC contract was awarded to its subsidiary Northwest Electric Power Design In
CGN Solar Delingha 50MW parabolic trough CSP plant is among China 1st batch of 20 pilot CSP projects and leading the construction progress. The bidding on commissioning and O&M services on this project has been launched recently. The announcement says that the bidding documents could be acquired during Sept.30 to Oct. 15, and the bidding is expected to open on Oct.20, 2017. Over 65% of the sol