CSP Focus China Tour 2017
Registration / Get brochureTIME：2017.11.05-14
China CSP Projects -- Now and Future
It is well known that China government had approved 20 demonstration CSP projects with FiT at RMB 1.15/kWh, and the total capacity 1.349 GW, which made China another engine for global CSP development. As was required in the 13th Five Year Planning of RE Development, another 3.65GW CSP capacity needs to be deployed within 2020, when the world CSP capacity will be doubled. And it is really an exciting and challenging task for the local industry peers. According to some insiders close to National Energy Administration, the governing body for energy project deployment, more CSP capacity will be planned in the following decade (2020-2030).
● Status quo of the 1st round of 20 pilot CSP Projects
The success of the first round of 20 demonstration CSP projects is critical for the deployment of the following 3.65GW. Below is the list of those who had started construction and made some progress in the past year.
● China Local CSP Value Chain
The local value chain for China CSP industry has been getting mature through the fast development of the past decade. The local companies are able to produce almost all the key equipment and materials including receivers, molten salt, heliostats, concentrators, mechanical & hydraulic drives, control equipment for DCS, and glass reflecting mirrors. The total investment of those companies reached RMB 4.18 billion (USD 698 million).
● Where is the potential cooperation opportunities between China local and international CSP companies?
CSP is relatively new in China, and the local developers and EPC contractors did not have any experience and reference in CSP, especially in the development and construction of commercial CSP plant. So there is a huge demand of cooperation with overseas CSP companies, in some field such as project development, engineering and design,EPCM, O&M, etc.
Biggest opportunities for overseas companies in China CSP market
What to expect in these TEN days' tour to SIX cities?
● Get insight of CSP roadmap and future project allocation before 2030
● Network with developers and EPC contractors of the on-going CSP projects
● Witness the status quo of the manufacturing capacity of local CSP industry
● Explore the mutual cooperation between China and overseas CSP players
Companies and CSP projects to be visited
● China National Solar Thermal Alliance, discussion on policy trend, local industry chain development, R&D cooperation potential, etc.
● Shouhang IHW Energy Saving, the project developer of 10MW+100MW CSP Tower project in Dunhuang, the EPC contractor of CGNSED 50MW PT project in Delingha.
● Shouhang IHW 10+100MW molten salt tower CSP plant in Dunhuang, West China. The 1st phase of 10MW plant is Asian 1st molten salt tower CSP plant which could operate 24 hours per day.
● Rayspower, the developer of Rayspower Yumen CSP project, 50MW Parabolic Trough plant with storage.
● North China Power Engineering, the leading power engineering company in China, participating several CSP projects in China.
● NWEPDI Northwest Electric Power Design Institute, another leading power engineering company in China, participating several CSP projects in China, EPC contractor of Hami 50MW molten salt tower CSP project.
● Zhejiang Supcon Solar, the developer of 50MW Supcon Delingha molten salt tower CSP plant, and completed China 1st commercial CSP project.
● Shanghai Electric Central Academy, one of the leading CSP R&D institute in China, focusing on the R&D on molten salt tower receiver and heliostats design.
● Jiangsu Xinchen, the developer of 50MW beam down tower CSP project in Yumen.
● Royal Tech CSP, the developer of two CSP plants, 50MW and 100MW each; and the receiver tube manufacturer in China.
● United Energy Storage Technology Ltd., TES system integrator in China.
Upcoming EventsSee more+
Free ReportsSee more+
1. CONCENTRATED SOLAR POWERIN THE MENA REGION 1.1 An introduction to ConcentratedSolar Power (CSP)2. HOW IT WORKS?3. CSP PROJECTSIN THE MENA REGION 3.1 Shams 1 Project 3.2 Noor Ouarzazate & Noor Midelt4. CHALLENGES TO DEPLOYMENT 4.1 Project Costs and Supply Chain 4.2 Lack of Funding to Support R&D 4.3 Financing and Project Risk5. HOW TO OVERCOME THESE CHALLENGES?6. WHAT DOES THEFUTUR
1. Introduction: Abengoa at a glance2. STE Abengoa References: Main Achievements3. CSP LCOE Evolution: STE LCOE Evolution main relevant countries4. EPC cost in a STE power plant 4.1 Tower technology 4.2 Parabolic trough technology5. Specific cases and scheme for Abengoa in China 5.1 Haixi Luneng Molten Salts Tower Technology 50 MWe, Qinghai 5.2 Yumen East Town Parabolic Trough Technology 50 MW
● Analysis of impacts on LCOE for STE plants ● Analysis of impact factors on production of SUPCON Delingha 10MW plant ● Plan and progress of SUPCON 50MW CSP demonstration project
Content1. Progress of first batch of CSP demonstrations 1.1 Approvedprojectsasdemonstrations 1.2 Implementation & adjustment 1.3 primary reasons for projects progress has been less than expected2. Development prospect of CSP in China 2.1 Objective of Energy Development 2.2 Power Development Prediction 2.3 the role of CSP plant in electric system 2.4 DNI resource in China
Latest NewsSee more+
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) recently announced it would provide $21 million to 14 new solar thermal desalination projects which aim to reduce costs and open up the technology to new markets. The research projects cover a range of desalination technologies and are expected to take up to three years to complete. Elsewhere, researchers in Europe, Africa and the Middle East are continuing to o
Under Secretary for Science Paul Dabbar announced the DAYS awardees today at the Innovation XLab Energy Storage Summit at SLAC National Laboratory IMAGE@ARPA-eThe U.S. Department of Energy has announced the selection of 10 projects as part of a new Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy (ARPA-E) program, DAYS; Duration Addition to electricitY Storage. Awardees will develop energy storage syste
Saeed Mohammed Al Tayer reviews progress on 700MW CSP project- 4th phase of Mohammed bin Rashid Solar Park
The Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park is the largest single-site solar park in the world, based on the IPP model.Dubai, UAE: HE Saeed Mohammed Al Tayer, MD & CEO of Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) visited the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park to review the progress on its 700-megawatt (MW) fourth phase, the largest investment in a Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) pro
Beijing Shouhang IHW Resources Saving Technology Co., Ltd (shorted as Shouhang) officially announced yesterday evening that Shouhang will take over the development of China Shenhua Guohua Yumen 100MW Molten Salt Tower CSP Project, which was originally owned by China state-owned company Guohua Power but given up earlier this February.As CSP Focus reported earlier, the Shenhua Guohua project was amo
Project UpdatesSee more+
Asia Pacific-China，Under construction，Power Tower